Forms | License Lookup | PE/PLS Renewals | Continuing Education | Enforcement | Businesses | Contact


Military Applicants  



Military applicants are required to comply with the licensing requirements of North Carolina.
Education and experience requirements for licensing of Professional Engineers are found in Rule 21 NCAC 56.0501.

There is no application fee for active military, veteran or a spouse of an active duty service member or the spouse of a veteran. Please email a copy of discharge papers or active duty orders with the application or if using the short form email a copy to referencing the application.

("ยง 93B 15.1. Licensure for individuals with military training and experience; proficiency examination; licensure by endorsement for military spouses; temporary license.
(k) An occupational licensing board shall not charge a military trained applicant or a military spouse an initial application fee for a license, certification, registration, or temporary practice permit issued pursuant to this section. )

The Department of Veteran Affairs has approved NCEES (National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors) per Section 21.4268 of Title 38 of the US Code of Federal Regulations, which allows the reimbursement of exam fees for engineers (and surveyors) who are military veterans. A veteran who takes any of the engineering (or surveying) exams offered by NCEES no matter where they took the exam or their state of residence should complete VA Form 22-0810 Application for Reimbursement of National Exam Fee and submit to the appropriate VA Regional Processing Office listed on page 2 of Form 22-0810. Help contact information for VA is also included in the instructions of the form.



Copyright North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers & Surveyors. All Rights Reserved.
No material, images, or information from this website may be used without express permission.
Photos at top courtesy of NC Division of Tourism, Film & Sports Development