>>>For a complete list of the new Board rules click here<<<
Clarification of Revised Board Rules for Firm License Number
With respect to the revised Board Rule pertaining to the placing of the firm’s license number on documents, specifications, reports, etc. [Board Rule .1103(a)(6) and (b)(5)]. The revised rule does not require a firm seal. Firm’s only need to put their firm license number on the documents. Since the firm address is also required, an acceptable example would be to put both the firm address and firm license number in a title block on the documents. The firm license numbers begin with the letter “C”, “P”, “D” or “F” depending on the type of licensure obtained with this Board.
The primary revisions to Board Rules in Sections 21-56.0500 and .0600, effective May 1, 2009, are summarized as follows:
- Adds standard for reasonable accommodation for exams. (21-56.0503 and .06003)
- Clarifies that a two-hour state exam is required for comity licensure as a surveyor. (21-56.0602)
The primary revisions to Board Rules in Section 21-56.0700, effective May 1, 2009, are summarized as follows:
- Adds “Direct supervisory control may be accomplished face to face or by other means of communication.” [21-56.0701(c)(3)]
- Defines timely response to correspondence from the Board as “Timely is defined as within the time specified in the correspondence, or if no time is specified, within 30 days of receipt. Certified mail is timely claimed if prior to being returned by the Post Office to the Board office. [21-56.0701(g)(2)]
The primary revisions to Board Rules in Section 21-56.1100, effective May 1, 2009, are summarized as follows:
- Clarifies size of seal. (21-56.1102)
- Requires the firm’s licensure number on documents in addition to firm’s address. [21-56.1103(a)(6) and (b)(5)]
The primary revisions to Board Rules in Section 21-56.1600, effective May 1, 2009, are summarized as follows:
- Requires map or report in .1602(f). See the "Guidelines for Survey Project Documentation and Sample Report Form”.
- Allows for statement of positional accuracy in lieu of the calculated ratio of precision. (21-56.1603)
- Adds requirement of a map certification statement similar to the G.S. 47-30 statement that is for recordable maps. [21-56.1604(12)]
- Revises definition of Global Positional System and revises certification statement for GPS maps. (21-56.1607)
- Allows client choice of accuracy standard for LIS/GIS surveys. (21-56.1608)
The revisions to Board Rules in Section 21-56.1700, effective May 1, 2009, are summarized as follows:
- Removes provision that courses offered by Sponsors are deemed acceptable for PDH credit without scrutiny of individual course content.
- Requires licensees to maintain a CPC log and attendance verification records.
- Out-of-jurisdiction residents
- Shall meet requirements of their jurisdiction
- If exempt in their jurisdiction must meet NC requirements
- Credit for correspondence, Internet, televised, videotaped, audiotaped, and other short courses/tutorials provided an exam is required for completion shall be based upon one PDH unit for each hour assigned to the course, provided such hours are a reasonably estimated time for an average professional to complete the course. An exam is required for completion.
- Any course or activity with a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee's field of practice.
- Sponsor application fee increased to $150.00.
Sponsors provide attendees an evaluation form as prescribed by the Board that is to be collected and retained for audit by the Board